Check one important item off your travel list
When traveling abroad, you want to spend your time conducting business or having fun - not scouting around for someplace to convert U.S. dollars into euros, yen, or other currency. At Great Erie, you can easily order many widely used currencies and be assured of an excellent exchange rate.
- Currency may be ordered at the Orchard Park location only
- Place orders at least five days before your departure date
- Currency can be sent directly to your home or business location only, no PO boxes
- Please call GEFCU for a list of available currencies
- Avoid escalated fees and inflated exchange rates charged in international airports, hotels, and banks
- Save up to 3% on credit card surcharges on items purchased overseas by using your pre-purchased foreign currency instead.
There is a fee for ordering foreign currency, which can be discussed by calling us at 716-662-1311, option 6, or simply by stopping in to see us at our Orchard Park branch.
How much should I take?
To determine how much currency to take, please consider the following:
- Number of days you will be traveling
- Number of people for whom you are purchasing currency
- Souvenirs (Are you a big spender?)
- Meal - Tips - Transportation (i.e. taxi, subway, etc.)
- Considering the above, most people purchase approximately $100 to $125 per day for each person traveling.
Great Erie Federal Credit Union is a full-service credit union serving the Buffalo and Erie County area including Hamburg, West Seneca, Orchard Park and East Aurora, New York.