Check one important item off your travel list
When traveling abroad, you want to spend your time conducting business or having fun - not scouting around for someplace to convert U.S. dollars into euros, yen, or other currency. At Great Erie, you can easily order many widely used currencies and be assured of an excellent exchange rate.
- Great Erie's Orchard Park location
- Place orders at least five days before your departure date
- Currency can be sent directly to your home or to the Credit Union for pick up (Orchard Park location only)
- Currencies available include the European Euro, Swiss Franc, Canadian Dollar, Australian/New Zealand Dollar, Japanese Yen, and South African Rand
- Avoid escalated fees and inflated exchange rates charged in international airports, hotels and banks
- Save up to 3% on credit card surcharges on items purchased overseas by using your pre-purchased foreign currency instead.
- Purchase Currency Price Protection to lock in the value of your foreign currency order
How much should I take?
To determine how much currency to take, please consider the following:
- Number of days you will be traveling
- Number of people for whom you are purchasing currency
- Souvenirs (Are you a big spender?)
- Meal - Tips - Transportation (i.e. taxi, subway, etc.)
- Considering the above, most people purchase approximately $100 to $125 per day for each person traveling.
Great Erie Federal Credit Union is a full-service credit union with New York branches in Orchard Park and East Aurora.