Teach kids about money with a savings account from Great Erie
Teaching them about money while they're young by opening a savings account, is a great way to help them mature and become financially responsible. There's no better way to learn about money than with our youth savings account.
COMING SOON is our Super Savers Club! It is a savings program designed especially for kids up to 12 years of age, brought to you by Great Erie Federal Credit Union. Kids learn about saving and other important financial topics through educational stories, games, and entertaining activities. Best of all, the club is fun and FREE!
2022 College Scholarship Program
Great Erie FCU Is Now Accepting College Scholarship Applications
Each year, Great Erie awards two local high school seniors with scholarships to help finance their college educations. The students, who must be credit union members, are chosen based on their outstanding academic and extracurricular achievements. Last year, through the NYCUA Scholarship program, we awarded $2,500 to two Great Erie Members.
New York Credit Union Association (NYCUA) Statewide Scholarship Program
Students can take advantage of this opportunity by completing these steps:
- Visit GreatErieFCU.com to download an application. The student will need to contact the credit union directly to obtain a credit union verification code to verify eligibility. If the student is not a member of Great Erie FCU, he/she can request a membership packet as well. (All scholarship applicants are required to be members of a participating New York credit union.)
- Complete the application form and required essay and obtain the required transcripts, along with the signature of a parent or guardian.
- Upload and submit the completed application and supportive materials online no later than January 7, 2022.
There is no fee for submitting an application, but applicants MUST be:
- members of Great Erie Federal Credit Union;
- college-bound high school seniors at the time of application; and
- attending either a two-or four-year accredited educational institution for the first time in the fall of 2022.
In early spring, applications will be judged against other submissions statewide. Winners will be announced in May.
For more information about this scholarship program, contact Andrea Ball by calling 716.662.1311, Ext. 110 or emailing aball@GreatErieFCU.com.
2022 Important Dates:
Jan. 7, 2022: Deadline for students to submit NYCUA application
May 2022: Your credit union will receive notification regarding the 2022 winners and awards
Charlotte Ash Community Leader Scholarship
This $500 scholarship is awarded to an Orchard Park High School graduating senior in good academic standing, is named in honor of one of our founding members of the credit union, Charlotte Ash. It recognizes a student that exhibits strong leadership abilities and commitment to the community.
Orchard Park High School students can apply through the OPHS Universal Scholarship Application available through the high school guidance department. The scholarship is released in the spring of each year.
Students interested in applying for the Charlotte Ash Community Leader Scholarship MUST:
- Be a member of Great Erie Federal Credit Union
- Be an enrolled high school senior at Orchard Park High School
Applications will be reviewed and awarded in May 2022.
Great Erie Federal Credit Union is a full-service credit union with New York branches in Orchard Park and East Aurora.